Terrorism is a very serious charge. If you have been charged with a terrorism crime it is important to enlist the help of a Utah terrorism attorney immediately. As with any violent crime charge, you should not speak to law enforcement without an attorney present. A terrorist crime is charged when the violent crime inflicts excessive fear on a group of people.
A violent crime can be charged as terrorism if it meets the following criteria:
- The crime itself is violent or it incorporates the use of violence
- Invokes fear or other adverse psychological reaction
- Draws attention to a particular political goal, issue, or cause
- The crime is targeted toward innocent, non-combative people
- The crime is regarded as illegal and unlawful
If you are convicted of a terrorist crime, you will face life changing penalties. The Utah terrorist crime attorneys at Zachary C. Holbrook, P.C. are prepared to fight for you if you have been charged with terrorism. We thoroughly investigate your case to create the best strategy and prove your innocence.