Insurance fraud involves any criminal act to get an illegal payout from an insurance company. This could involve personal health insurance, automobile, life, worker’s compensation, disability, or personal injury insurance. Insurance fraud is committed for the financial gain of the person committing the fraud.
The following acts may be considered insurance fraud in addition to any other criminal charges that may be filed:
- Intentional automobile accident for financial gain
- Fraudulent healthcare billings, particularly for services not rendered
- Inflated or false property loss claims
- Fraudulent worker’s compensation claims
- Illegal denial of worker’s compensation claim benefits
- Arson for the purpose of financial gain
- Fraudulent life insurance claims
- Committing murder for the purpose of collecting life insurance
If you have been charged with insurance fraud in Utah, it is important to speak with an insurance fraud attorney immediately. Attorney Zachary C. Holbrook, P.C. has expertise in insurance fraud and other white collar crimes so you get the best defense available. He offers a free consultation to help you understand how he will strategize your defense and minimize the potential damage. In addition to providing an aggressive defense, he also facilitates settlements, plea bargains, reduced or dropped charges, reduced sentencing, and the right to a fair trial. Many of our white collar crimes cases are settled outside the courtroom without involving criminal charges to our clients.